CESA Meeting Minutes 14/01/19

CESA Minutes- Bridge Hotel Penkridge

14th January 2019

Present:-

Dave Hanlon-Chair

Bryan Thomas-Treasurer

Karen Conde- Secretary

Nick Broomhall- Chair Telford

Diane Watts- Kidsgrove

June Coupland- Kidsgrove

Pete Conde - Telford

 

Apologies;-

Gerry Elgy- Chair Midland

Roger Crombleholme- Head coach

Steve McLaughlin- White Mountain

Standing Orders;-

Conflict of interest:- None declared

Safeguarding issues:- None reported

 

1. Matters arising and last minutes

Minutes of the last meeting 15th October v2018-approved

No change in the finance since the last meeting, balance is £4,960.05

 

2. Regional Plan

Dave went through the 2019 Development Plan and all clubs gave numbers for participants at their events.

Funding from SSE will be the core of £600 and then a set of criteria of a club change in membership

Membership as at renewal in Oct 2018 was as follows:

Midland 297

Stoke 68

North Staffs 1072

Telford 52

Special Olympics WM 60

AU Snowsports (Keale Uni) 112

Everyone to email event figures over to Dave so that he can populate 2019 Development Plan ready for submitting to SSE mid/end January. Bryan to assist Dave with an initial draft and Dave will then circulate to committee members for approval.

Regional Safeguarding Office – Karen Conde

Clubs to send out feedback forms to club members after events to see how we can improve them and increase participation. Also feedback from juniors on how they feel about their club and

snowsports generally. This has been requested by Bridgette as part of our safeguarding responsibility.

Telford have just appointed a new Safeguarding Officer (SGO), the old SGO gave a brief prior to handing over.

Kidgsgrove has a SGO who needs to do a Time to Listen course but not found one local yet. Jaren to assist.

 

3. SSE inspiring participation

Dave went through the principles of the new SSE vision and mission statements. Dave will circulate the document for comments as a lengthy document. Bryan has already looked at the document and will forward his comments to Dave.

 

4. National School Snowsports Week

This will run again from Monday 23rd June to 30th June, this is to tie in with end of year exams.

Dave to circulate

 

5. Draft Agreement for Schools Association

This relates to ESSKiA and NSSA who are now more closely working and constructively together.. ESSKiA now uses SSE’s membership registration for annual renewal by their schools.

 

6. Regional Activities since October 2018

Telford had 110 racers at their Schools Race on 16th November, they also held their fun race on 7th December.

Fun race at Telford 11th June with 40 racers, last fun race will be 15th March

Midland Winter League – the four races involved about 100 racers.

30 days of Snowsport – Kidsgrove did a taster day as part of this in October – 6 sessions with 3 or 4 coaches and approximately 200 participants.

Stoke fun race dates are:

9th March

6th April

11th May

1st June

29th June

 

7. Club Nationals Telford and Midland

Sponsorship possibilities to be followed up– Ski Racing Supply, Bartletts, Evolution, Decathlon, Alton Towers, Snowdome, Chill Factore etc

Evolution considering regional support in 2019 for CESA similar to that the ERSA receives.

Look at an overall prize for racers attending on both days

Meeting in March to look at planning in more detail and getting the invitation bulletin ready for publishing

 

8. Website

Some progress has been made by George on the existing website but ideally we need a much easier site to manage. George to assess and cost.

 

9. Freestyle Events to promote:

Looking at promoting freestyle on the same day as the fun races at Stoke on 11th May. Dave to liaise with Diane and June to move this forward.

 

10. AOB

Nick enquired about the database for all affiliated SSE club as this has not been rolled out as yet. Bryan to make enquiries.

 

Date of next meeting:-

25th March 2019

7.30pm Bridge Hotel/Inn, Penkridge

CESA Meeting Minutes 16/07/18

CESA Meeting

Monday 16th July 2018

Bridge Hotel/Inn Penkridge at 8pm

 

1. Present

Nick Broomhall, Roger Crombleholme, Bryan Thomas, Chris Stroud, Peter Conde, David Hanlon (Chair), Gerry Elgy, Karen Conde

 

2. Apologies

Alan Edwards

 

3. Matters Arising

* 100 participants at Stoke fun race series

* Midland cancelled Landgraff in July

* Stoke now organising a trip to Landgraff in August

* Discussion with Alan took place regarding Schools Races

 

4. Financial Report

* Bank Account - £5,368.64 in bank after paying for the Team Tshirts and entry fees for Inter-Regional

* Roger has now submitted invoices for Inter-Regional Training sessions held at Stoke. There are 3 in total, Bryan to re-in burse £218.49

* Stoke had a total of 10 racers who entered Midland CN as their first race as promised these racers have been refunded their entry fee which is a total of £220, Bryan to re-in burse Dave

* Gerry to check if any of Midland racers entered the CN as their first race and let Bryan know so a refund can be made ( none paid)

* Level 2 Officials Training – 4 attendees from Midland CESA to re-in burse the cost of the course £200 in total

* Alan Edwards has completed a level 1 instructors course CESA to refund 50% of the course fee, some £170

* The above payments reduce our bank account to £4,560.15 to which a further £400 of SSE grant was received in June, total at bank now £4,960.15

 

5. Regional Activities Since last meeting

* Telford fun race in April, next one is scheduled for September

* Midland CN – great success with 171 racers

GBR (Stoke) – also had 170 racers so another great entry

 

The fun day did not work as there was no participation. BBQ worked out ok

which was held on the Saturday and Sunday.

 

There was great feedback about the weekend from racers

 

CESA entered 3 teams in the Inter-Regional. Team C just missed out on the

group stage by 2 points. Team B made it to the quarter finals and lost to

Wales. Team A made semi finals

 

Overall results: 1st SSS A

2nd NW A

3rd CESA A

 

* Midland – Club Championships/open November 9th (6-9pm) – The Ackers

* Midland Winter Race League dates are as follows:

30th November

14th December

18th January

8th February

1st March

All dates are provisional and to be confirmed

* Midland Schools Race Sunday 17th March

 

* Telford – Fun Race dates:

21st September

19th October

7th December

11th January

8th March

* Telford Schools Race to be held on 16th November

 

* Stoke Schools Race – date to be confirmed

Stoke trying to do something with freestyle Dave to let us know once he has sorted

 

6. Website

* Midland details now handed over to Dave ready for George to up-date on the website

* Nick to provide the same details for Telford so that they can be up-dated

* Dave to contact Rob Weeks and Neil McQuoid for photographs from the CN/GBR/Inter-Regional weekend and get them added to the website

* Minutes from meetings plus AGM to be added to the website

 

7. Schools Contacts and Interaction

* Alan has been doing a lot of work with ESSKIA. SSE will now have a full list of contacts for schools as they re-register this year

* Snowdome – Mike Hallett – we are trying to make links with them at the moment

* Dave to add freestyle to the next agenda and to contact John Daines or Ann to see if they would like to attend the meeting, to also ask if they want to add anything to our website advertising their freestyle

 

8. AOB

* Telford to look at the on-line Level 1 officials course for some of their members

* Additional Regional Training dates to be confirmed by Roger

* Regional race/event – planned for April 2019

* Items to be added to the agenda for next meeting are: Pecuniary interests and Safeguarding. It was discussed at this meeting and there are none recorded

* Dave asked a question as to why Midland supported racers entering the Gloucester Summer League but do not do the same for Stoke Summer League. Gerry explained that the subsidy has dropped this year to £3 per racer and that they had been entering this for around 30 years and it was a team event not an individual one

 

9. Date of next Meeting

* Monday 15th October 7.30pm at Bridge Hotel