CESA Meeting

Monday 16th July 2018

Bridge Hotel/Inn Penkridge at 8pm

 

1. Present

Nick Broomhall, Roger Crombleholme, Bryan Thomas, Chris Stroud, Peter Conde, David Hanlon (Chair), Gerry Elgy, Karen Conde

 

2. Apologies

Alan Edwards

 

3. Matters Arising

* 100 participants at Stoke fun race series

* Midland cancelled Landgraff in July

* Stoke now organising a trip to Landgraff in August

* Discussion with Alan took place regarding Schools Races

 

4. Financial Report

* Bank Account - £5,368.64 in bank after paying for the Team Tshirts and entry fees for Inter-Regional

* Roger has now submitted invoices for Inter-Regional Training sessions held at Stoke. There are 3 in total, Bryan to re-in burse £218.49

* Stoke had a total of 10 racers who entered Midland CN as their first race as promised these racers have been refunded their entry fee which is a total of £220, Bryan to re-in burse Dave

* Gerry to check if any of Midland racers entered the CN as their first race and let Bryan know so a refund can be made ( none paid)

* Level 2 Officials Training – 4 attendees from Midland CESA to re-in burse the cost of the course £200 in total

* Alan Edwards has completed a level 1 instructors course CESA to refund 50% of the course fee, some £170

* The above payments reduce our bank account to £4,560.15 to which a further £400 of SSE grant was received in June, total at bank now £4,960.15

 

5. Regional Activities Since last meeting

* Telford fun race in April, next one is scheduled for September

* Midland CN – great success with 171 racers

GBR (Stoke) – also had 170 racers so another great entry

 

The fun day did not work as there was no participation. BBQ worked out ok

which was held on the Saturday and Sunday.

 

There was great feedback about the weekend from racers

 

CESA entered 3 teams in the Inter-Regional. Team C just missed out on the

group stage by 2 points. Team B made it to the quarter finals and lost to

Wales. Team A made semi finals

 

Overall results: 1st SSS A

2nd NW A

3rd CESA A

 

* Midland – Club Championships/open November 9th (6-9pm) – The Ackers

* Midland Winter Race League dates are as follows:

30th November

14th December

18th January

8th February

1st March

All dates are provisional and to be confirmed

* Midland Schools Race Sunday 17th March

 

* Telford – Fun Race dates:

21st September

19th October

7th December

11th January

8th March

* Telford Schools Race to be held on 16th November

 

* Stoke Schools Race – date to be confirmed

Stoke trying to do something with freestyle Dave to let us know once he has sorted

 

6. Website

* Midland details now handed over to Dave ready for George to up-date on the website

* Nick to provide the same details for Telford so that they can be up-dated

* Dave to contact Rob Weeks and Neil McQuoid for photographs from the CN/GBR/Inter-Regional weekend and get them added to the website

* Minutes from meetings plus AGM to be added to the website

 

7. Schools Contacts and Interaction

* Alan has been doing a lot of work with ESSKIA. SSE will now have a full list of contacts for schools as they re-register this year

* Snowdome – Mike Hallett – we are trying to make links with them at the moment

* Dave to add freestyle to the next agenda and to contact John Daines or Ann to see if they would like to attend the meeting, to also ask if they want to add anything to our website advertising their freestyle

 

8. AOB

* Telford to look at the on-line Level 1 officials course for some of their members

* Additional Regional Training dates to be confirmed by Roger

* Regional race/event – planned for April 2019

* Items to be added to the agenda for next meeting are: Pecuniary interests and Safeguarding. It was discussed at this meeting and there are none recorded

* Dave asked a question as to why Midland supported racers entering the Gloucester Summer League but do not do the same for Stoke Summer League. Gerry explained that the subsidy has dropped this year to £3 per racer and that they had been entering this for around 30 years and it was a team event not an individual one

 

9. Date of next Meeting

* Monday 15th October 7.30pm at Bridge Hotel