CESA Minutes

15th 0ct 2018

Present;-

Dave Hanlon

Bryan Thomas

Karen Conde

Nick Broomhall

Gerry Elgy

Diane Watts

June Coupland

Pete Conde

 

Apologies;-

Roger Crombleholme

 

Standing Orders;-

Conflict of interest:- None declared

Safeguarding issues:- None reported

 

Matters arising and last minutes:-

- Stoke did not hold the planned Landgraff trip

- Alan Edwards has resigned from the CESA committee following his appointment to the ESSKiA board. See minutes below re schools and universities

- Minutes dated 16th July 2018 approved

 

Regional activities since July meeting:-

- Dave what did you want recording here? Two freestyle events held at Kidsgrove – ShredforCal to raise monies and awareness of mental health in teenagers, and the Charity Jam to raise monies for SportsAid. Both successful, maybe attendance to ShredforCal affected by the proximity to end of the school holidays/back to school.

 

Regional Activities for 2019:-

Stoke, Midland, Telford and Kidsgrove circulated all events planned into 2019 and they will be entered onto the CESA website.

Lengthy discussion on 2019 race calendar was held. Stoke has been granted the hosting of the British Champs on the 24/25th August. Dave has confirmed that Nigel Vincent has booked the Friday evening for training. Evolution have also approached Stoke regarding a training week before and dash for cash.

Midland and Telford agreed to hold CNs as a double header weekend on the 18/19thMay supported by Kidsgrove . Gerry and Nick to liaise and lodge application by the end of the week with nominated officials. This weekend to be regarded as a CESA event and sponsorship to be sort, Bryan to follow up.

Kidsgrove to consider a form of freestyle event and race training and/or winter league participation was offered to Kidsgrove potential racers at Stoke.

Telford Fun Race date for March changed from 8th to 15th

 

Website:-

David’s son George is progressively cleansing the outdated material and entering the updated information on member clubs and events. Kidsgrove will now forward their information and links.

Photos required and permission received from Racer Ready and Rob Weeks to post their photos.

Website is very much work-in-progress and big thanks to George.

 

Schools interaction:-

Following Alan’s standing down from the committee it was agreed that further discussions will be held at the next meeting. Each club to forward their current schools data so that a regional plan can be debated and agreed upon.

 

AOB:-

30 Days of Snowsports – Kidsgrove taster day 13th October which was advertised on Radio Stoke.

Midland taster day 25th October all-inclusive at a cost of £5.

Nick has sent out emails to schools within Shropshire, Staffs, Telford and Wrekin regarding schools races and to date has had approximately 5 responses. To be added to the next meeting agendy so we it can be discussed fully.

18th/19th May Midland/Telford CN’s to be held at Stoke Ski Centre? Gerry and Nick to provide names of COR and Race Secretaries for the two days. Dave to enquire about the BBQ for both days. Kidsgrove are happy to get involved possibly by co-ordinating something at Kidsgrove at arranged times during both days.

Training days to be set up at Stoke for anyone at Kidsgrove that maybe interested.

 

Date of next meeting:-

14th January 2019

7.30pm Bridge Hotel/Inn, Penkridge